John Reilly – Canine Behavior Consultant
Hi, I’m John Reilly, the Head Nerd at animalnerd.com. I am a Canine Behavior Consultant (CBCC-KA) with a Master of Science degree in Anthrozoology and years of experience in training and helping to rehabilitate shelter dogs, preparing them for successful adoption. Throughout my time working with dogs, I have been dismayed and somewhat frustrated by the amount of poor and misleading information that is being pushed out to the public.
This site’s goal is to be a place where current, evidence-based information on animal care, welfare and training can be hosted and exchanged – open not just about dogs, but for all species of domestic animals and wildlife.
Top Posts & Pages
Recent Blog Posts
- Seresto collarsMarch 3, 2021There has been great deal of interest and reporting about the EPA’s report on dog illnesses and fatalities linked to the Seresto flea and tick […]
- Dog theftsFebruary 27, 2021Dog Theft: Is it really on the rise? Like everyone else who watches the news, I was shocked by the recent assault on Lady Gaga’s dog walker […]
- Stages of puppy developmentFebruary 26, 2021A friend of mine recently expressed some exasperation that her 10 month-old puppy suddenly seemed to forget everything he had learned and was […]
- Alternative Veterminary Medicine – HomeopathyFebruary 19, 2021I was thinking about hitting a hornet’s nest with a stick, but decided to stir up some real trouble instead. So, I’m working on a few pieces […]
- Eastern Coyote Myths and RealityFebruary 14, 2021Its coyote season again. This is the time of year when coyotes mate and establish dens and territories in preparation of new puppies arriving in the […]