John Reilly – Canine Behavior Consultant
Hi, I’m John Reilly, the Head Nerd at animalnerd.com. I am a Canine Behavior Consultant (CBCC-KA) with a Master of Science degree in Anthrozoology and years of experience in training and helping to rehabilitate shelter dogs, preparing them for successful adoption. Throughout my time working with dogs, I have been dismayed and somewhat frustrated by the amount of poor and misleading information that is being pushed out to the public.
This site’s goal is to be a place where current, evidence-based information on animal care, welfare and training can be hosted and exchanged – open not just about dogs, but for all species of domestic animals and wildlife.
Top Posts & Pages
Recent Blog Posts
- Disposing of dog poo in a safe and eco-friendly mannerCategory: UncategorizedMay 4, 2021Your pets poop. But what do you do with it? Most of us who live with a dog or cat have the unenviable job of cleaning up after them. Those of us […]
- Suburban Wildlife – Backyard CrittersApril 4, 2021If you live outside of a major city, you might be surprised to learn that your home is part of an ecosystem. Your yard is a place where animals […]
- Suburban Wildlife – DeerMarch 29, 2021Deer are becoming more and more common in human-populated areas and are establishing themselves as a fixture in our neighborhoods. In the coming […]
- CBD for DogsMarch 26, 2021Does CBD have any medical uses, and can it be used safely for pet dogs? What is CBD? Cannabidiol (CBD) is a naturally occurring chemical substance […]
- Dog in the clouds – Not photoshoppedCategory: UncategorizedMarch 25, 2021